David Speight Photography
Terms and Conditions
Terms and conditions of booking
1. A non-refundable deposit of the amount stated in the description is required at the time of booking and must be paid either through PayPal or by bank transfer to secure a place on any workshop or holiday
2. The remaining balance for one day workshops will be due by bank transfer on confirmation of your booking, or in the case of one to one workshops after a date and location is agreed upon. In the case of Gift Vouchers, the remaining balance is due in full at the time of booking.
3. For multiple day workshops/holidays the remaining balance will be due no later than three months before the commencement date unless otherwise stated in the description. The preferred method of payment is by bank transfer.
4. If the remaining balance for any workshop is unpaid by the date specified on booking, we reserve the right to treat the booking as cancelled and offer any places as available.
5. If you are booking within three months of the start date of multiple day workshops, full payment will be due to secure places.
6. If a client wishes to cancel any workshop, this can be done in writing or by email and the date of the letter/email will determine the percentage of the refund.
7. In the case of one day workshops, if a client cancels the workshop less than 28 days before the start date, then the full amount will be retained. If the cancellation occurs outside the final month, then the deposit will be retained and the remaining balance refunded. Gift Vouchers are non refundable. In the case of one to one workshops (full day/half day, if the workshop is not arranged/taken within 12 months of booking then the booking becomes void and no refund will be given.
8. In the case of longer workshops/holidays the date of cancellation will determine the percentage of refund. Within 28 days of the start date 100% of the balance will be retained. Within 56 days of the workshop a refund of 50% will be given. Outside of 56 days and only the deposit will be retained.
9. David Speight Photography reserves the right to cancel any workshop. If cancellation occurs due to circumstances beyond our control, we may give less than 28 days’ notice. If a workshop has to be cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances then a place will be offered on an alternative workshop, or a full refund will be given.
10. If a workshop is under booked and cannot go ahead, a place on a similar/same workshop will be offered. If the cost of the alternative workshop is less, the remaining balance will be refunded. If the cost of the alternative workshop is greater, the outstanding balance will be due. If alternative dates/workshop cannot be agreed upon or are inconvenient, then all fees will be refunded in full.
11. Occasionally workshops are postponed due to bad weather. If the re-scheduled workshop date is not convenient then the client will have the choice of other same price workshops to choose from.
12. The workshops descriptions/itinerary is laid out as a guide to a typical day only. While we do try to stick to the locations and features mentioned, the onus is on getting the very best images and experience from our time. If weather or unforeseen circumstances dictate, it may be necessary to offer an alternative. This will be by group agreement.
Health & Safety
13. Although every effort is made to risk assess all locations for possible hazards, you should be aware at the time of booking that accidents can and do happen. You should be fully aware of the risks involved and it is your responsibility to have adequate insurance in place. Insurance should cover you for medical and emergency expenses, repatriation, personal accident, injury or death. All applicants participate entirely at their own risk and David Speight Photography accepts no responsibility/liability for death, personal injury or illness during the course of a workshop unless this is as a direct result of a negligent act on their part.
14. You must notify David Speight photography at the time of booking of any underlying medical conditions that may require emergency treatment/care. An assessment will then be made as to whether you can be safely accommodated on any workshop course or holiday.
15. It is the clients’ responsibility to have adequate personal equipment/baggage insurance in place. David Speight photography accepts no liability/responsibility for any loss or damage to personal equipment including camera gear during a workshop.
Acknowledgement of Terms and Conditions
16. By booking onto any workshop, you are agreeing that you have read and accept the Terms and Conditions. If booking on behalf of others in a group, the person booking accepts the Terms and Conditions on behalf of all the other individuals in the group.