David Speight Photography
beginners photography workshop west yorkshire
Where Does The Workshop Take Place?
- Although we'll occasionally visit other locations depending on seasonal highlights, for the majority of the Beginner Workshops (West Yorkshire), we'll begin the day meeting at Shibden Hall, Halifax. This makes for a convenient location to begin the day, with ample parking and it is easy to find. We may also visit other locations throughout the day, such as Wakefield, Mirfield, Brighouse, Huddersfield, Hebden Bridge, Heptonstall and Todmorden.
What Will You Learn?
- The day begins with a short theory session and simple explanation regarding how the camera works.
- We'll look at the various file types you can shoot with your camera, again with very simple explanations so you can make your own informed choices on which file type best suits you.
- The main aim of the day is to give you the knowledge and understanding to take control of your camera in manual mode. To do this we'll walk through all the settings that control the exposure of your images. This will include choosing metering modes, setting your own aperture, shutter speed, ISO and possibly bracketing exposures. We’ll also look at checking your exposures using the histogram, with clear and un-complicated explanations. All those numbers and settings can seem daunting at first. Don't worry, I simplify all this for you and you will quickly realise that it's a lot easier than you thought!
- We will also explore the various focusing methods of your camera, and in particular you will learn and understand how to control depth of field, either as a way to maximise the sharpness of an image from front to back, or to blur background/foreground to possibly isolate a subject.
- The majority of the workshop is practical, so you can put into practice everything you've learned in the earlier part of the day and ask any questions you can think of.
- The day is backed up with a set of notes which I send to you after the workshop, and I'm also available if you need any backup support.
- Group size is a maximum of five Photographers. Over the course of an 8 hour day, this means I have lots of time for both group and individual tuition and no one is left behind.
Please note; Workshop booking dates are non transferable. If you cancel your workshop within 28 days of the workshop going ahead, no refund will be given.
26th Jul 2023 - Fully Booked
16th Aug 2023 - Last Places!
30th Aug 2023 - Available
12th Sep 2023 - Last Places!
27th Sep 2023 - Available
25th Oct 2023 - Available
15th Nov 2023 - Available
13th Dec 2023 - Fully Booked
10th Jan 2024 - Available
21st Feb 2024 - Available
20th Mar 2024 - Available
£95.00 / £25.00
Full Days tuition
Loan of filters/tripod if necessary
Transport to the location
Low - Average - No long walks
Full Day (Eight hours)